Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sleepers

It´s time, my fantasy league draft is over and I´m ready to highlight the sleepers.

Magloire is back but many fantasy players forget quickly, not me since I picked him in the 4th round last season and suffered badly. I picked him again and I am 90% sure he will reward me with similar stats as he had in the second half of 2003-2004 season. How about 18-11 with 2 blocks for good measure.

Josh Smith of course another one of my supersleepers. In April, he averaged 14.2 points, 9.5 rebounds, and 2.2 blocks in 38 minutes a night. Even though JJ is in town I expect Josh Smith to continue his strong play this season, awarding me for picking him in round 8.

Chris Bosh and Dwight Howard. Now is it right to call them sleepers? Hardly since both will be gone when round 6 comes but I expect both to have great seasons and make their owners very happy. Both might get FC status on yahoo which is priceless for the type of league I am in (PG, SG, SF, PF, C). Which by the way is the only league to play IMO.

Rasual Butler, you got that right. Here is a sleeper for you that might be available in the final round of your draft (like in my league if I didn´t take him one round earlier. No one of the fantasy experts out there highlight this guy but I´ve watched him from the day he entered the league with Miami and the other Butler. Has become a solid defender, a starting SF and a stopper for New Orleans means he gets the minutes and with minutes you will get his 3´s, scoring and all the rest. If this guy is the sleeper I think he is, and you pick him then you look like the luckiest guy in your league or the smartest (dependent on the rest of your dealing, tradings etc).

Brendan Haywood, ok I know my team is nothing but sleepers but wait a littlebit, I´ll get to the other sleepers I missed on draft day soon, maybe next week ;) Haywood is going to enjoy things more with KBrown gone, Etan Thomas looks like a bust and won´t take the minutes away from Haywood who returned to camp in a great condition with D. Wade quality six pack to show for it. Played well in the playoffs last year, is back hungry for more and I expect him to be around 16-10 with 2 blocks a game. GREAT for a guy who might be there in the final rounds of draft day.

JR Smith - Missed out on him, projected 16 points a game with over 2 3´s and nice stuff across the normal SG categories. Has the potential to go way over that and did you see this guy dunk in the slam dunk contest this year?

For me those are the biggest sleepers I could find. Ridnour will do fine with Daniels gone to Washington but he has limited upside, Stro Swift will do fine in the second part of the season but not until he learns the sets from van Gundy, TJ ford might do good but I am not convinced he is back to full strength or even close, Livingston was a sleeper until Cassell came to town plus he is seriously injury prone, Przybilla is a sleeper but since I didn´t get him I am hoping that whats his name will be back to steal his thunder (Ratliff, thats his name), Kaman yes a sleeper see archive, Telfair also take him late if you can.

Do you know some others? Next come the busts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home